Re: Moving libxml2 and libxslt to external dependencies
- From: "Felipe Contreras" <felipe contreras gmail com>
- To: "Vincent Untz" <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- Subject: Re: Moving libxml2 and libxslt to external dependencies
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 01:19:26 +0300
On 9/23/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> After a quick discussion between Daniel and the release team, the idea
> of moving libxml2 and libxslt from the platform to external dependencies
> came up.
> The rationale behind the idea is that those two libraries are now more
> like "base OS" libraries than GNOME libraries: they're shipped on nearly
> all systems. Also, development of those libraries are not following the
> GNOME development cycle.
> It shouldn't change anything, since the API and ABI won't be modified
> anytime soon anyway, and everything else will continue as usual. AFAICT,
> the only other impact it could have on GNOME is for libxml++: should it
> stay in our bindings set or not?
> What do you all think of this proposal?
I think it makes sense. I don't see what's so GNOME'ish about libxml.
] [Thread Prev