Re: New clock applet for 2.22

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 16:22 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

> > Vincent, have you tried also looking at libjana widget set[1]? since the
> > clock uses e-d-s as a source it should be interesting to reuse those
> > widgets as well.
>
> I've been thinking about this when reading the blog posts, but that's
> all :-) It would mean depending on this library,

yes. maybe as an external dependency, and falling back to GtkCalendar if
not found.

>  or moving the widgets
> in e-d-s. Is there any reason to not have those widgets in e-d-s?

e-d-s does not depend on gtk+ and I really doubt it would start.

the whole point of libjana is to abstract the calendaring API into
something nice to use, and provide widgets for applications.

I was thinking about libjana because fixing the GtkCalendar widget would
probably involve writing a new widget (the internals of the current one
have grown to be quite scary and the API is really old). it would also
mean having a new widget ready with gtk+ 2.14 - which means a year from
now.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--