Re: New clock applet for 2.22

Le mardi 25 septembre 2007, à 15:55 +0200, Richard Hult a écrit :
> Luis Villa skrev:

> >> Nooo, please keep week number.  For some people it's actually really
> >> useful!
> >
> > New d-d-l rule: no one gets to say 'it is useful' without explaining
> > their use case :)
>
> I use it daily too. The current clock applet only shows week numbers
> when a secret gconf key is enabled though, if I am not mistaken?

It used to be disabled during two or three release cycles (2.14->2.18,
I'd say), but since nearly all major distributors were patching the
default, it didn't make sense to continue this way.

> The week numbers are used for planning projects and work and vacations
> and things like that, it's a lot easier and less error prone than using
> full dates. I am not sure if it's a European thing perhaps? At least in
> Sweden we use them for planning all the time (in school, at work, ...).
>
> For instance, it's perfectly normal here to say "this year, I will have
> my vacation weeks 32 to 35" and nobody will look at you and wonder if
> you're crazy ;)

Interesting. The default could be locale-dependant, but I guess it'd be
confusing...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.