Re: Why have a ChangeLog file if you already have commit messages?
- From: Étienne Bersac <bersace03 laposte net>
- To: Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Why have a ChangeLog file if you already have commit messages?
- Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:00:09 +0200
In Gnome Scan, i generate ChangeLog using svn2cl. See
http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-scan/trunk/Makefile.am and ChangeLog:
target. I also generate TODO from anjuta TODO.tasks. Note that
generating ChangeLog makes it lag one commit behind. You have to commit
and then update the ChangeLog.
Anyway, ChangeLog is important. I'm used to read ChangeLog of projects i
use from SVN (Gegl, Anjuta, etc.). However, i never read a ChangeLog
from a release (but NEWS file instead).
] [Thread Prev