Re: Please can we get a consistent desktop neutral trash behaviour.

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:52:34 +1000
Lex Hider wrote:

> Why does gnome put files in .Trash instead of .local/ ?
AFAIK, because GNOME's trash appeared before freedesktop.org spec.

> Is the gnome trash implementation compatible with the above spec?
No.

> Is there any reason the project couldn't adopt the .local behaviour?
Don't think there is.

> Is there any reason this couldn't be achieved for gnome 2.22?
Don't know but I wish there weren't :)

> Should I file a bug regarding this? What component would I file against?
Sure. If there is no bug about this already, the bug must be filed.

--
  Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov
  GNOME Project