Re: Please can we get a consistent desktop neutral trash behaviour.

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 22:52 +1000, Lex Hider wrote:

> >From what I could understand, the answer was that gnome isn't compatible
> with the freedesktop trash spec.
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/trash-spec

gnome-vfs trash support existed well before the trash specification,
hence the disconnection between the two.

> Is the gnome trash implementation compatible with the above spec?

just as a side-note: gvfs correctly uses $XDG_DATA_HOME/Trash, so
projects using the GIO library will behave correctly (it still means
gnome-vfs should be fixed as well, though).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,