Re: Please can we get a consistent desktop neutral trash behaviour.

Am Donnerstag, den 04.10.2007, 22:52 +1000 schrieb Lex Hider:
> >From what I could understand, the answer was that gnome isn't compatible
> with the freedesktop trash spec.
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/trash-spec
> [...]
> Is the gnome trash implementation compatible with the above spec?

No, it should be $XDG_DATA_HOME/Trash according to the spec,
$XDG_DATA_HOME defaults to ~/.local/share which KDE/XFCE use.

> Is there any reason the project couldn't adopt the .local behaviour?
> Is there any reason this couldn't be achieved for gnome 2.22?

AFAIK nautilus uses different trash directories already anyway for
removable discs, etc. so it should be possible to keep the old location
for stuff that is already there and use the correct location for stuff
that is moved to trash after an update to 2.22.

Whatever, I don't know the nautilus code so maybe it's all a bit more
difficult but I definitely agree with you that the different trash
locations of different desktops is a major problem for different use
cases.