Re: Online Desktop and GNOME 2.22

On Nov 21, 2007 3:40 PM, Alp Toker <alp atoker com> wrote:

> Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 15:23 -0200, Pedro de Medeiros wrote:
> >
> >> That's all very interesting, but what about a better integration
> >> of on-line applications in the desktop environment like regular
> >> applications? Have you seen, for instance, prism?
> >>
> >> http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/
> >>
> >> I think this is a very simple idea, and also a good match for a
> >> on-line desktop project.
> >
> > I agree, and blogged about this last month:
> >
> > http://cgwalters.livejournal.com/9706.html

Glad to know I am not the only one who thunk of that. :)

> There's no need to look far and wide for this kind of functionality.
>
> We've already got a sleek and powerful browser component built around
> GLib and GTK+ whose sole purpose is integration with the desktop:
>
>    http://live.gnome.org/WebKitGtk

Cool, will try it later. That's certainly something to look forward to. And I
guess it would be nice and easy to improve Nautilus' "Create Launcher..."
menu item behaviour by letting it create new links to RIAs directly onto
the Desktop and GNOME Panel too... :)

Pedro