Re: Online Desktop and GNOME 2.22

Colin Walters wrote:
On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 15:23 -0200, Pedro de Medeiros wrote:

That's all very interesting, but what about a better integration
of on-line applications in the desktop environment like regular
applications? Have you seen, for instance, prism?

http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/

I think this is a very simple idea, and also a good match for a
on-line desktop project.

I agree, and blogged about this last month:

http://cgwalters.livejournal.com/9706.html

There's no need to look far and wide for this kind of functionality.

We've already got a sleek and powerful browser component built around GLib and GTK+ whose sole purpose is integration with the desktop:

  http://live.gnome.org/WebKitGtk