Re: [gnome-love] GNOME Goal: Update About Dialogs

On 5/21/07, Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
> 2. The text to use for the website URL
> ======================================
> If an usability guru reads that, should we use as text for the link to
> the application's project:
> * the rough URL of the project,
> * or a text like "XYApp Web Site" ?
XYApp Web Site looks nicer, I don't think it's important to show the
target url at all.
In any case, you could show that info with a tooltip (if it's
possible/makes sense).

I'm not a usability guru (and if you can see my desktop font, probably
you would ban me from every sentence containg the "usability" word
:-)), but I agree with Diego.
The Foo Web Site looks simpler, and does not overload the panel with
useless infos. (I mean; nobody wants to remember long urls).