ubuntu's shutdown screen

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me why Ubuntu's logout screen (or something similar)
isn't gnome's default? On my system I have two separate applets, one
for session logout and system power shutdown/suspend. I like Ubuntu's
logout menu very much, and it doesn't require me to go to a different
place when I just want to log out as opposed to shutting down the
system. I have to have two applets on my panel for this, one for log
out and one for shut down.

Are there specific reasons that a single logout/shutdown dialog isn't
used? What would be necessary to get something like that included in
2.20?

- Martin