Re: Module maintenance: problems and oportunities

Hi,

2007/6/26, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>:
On 6/25/07, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> 2007/6/25, Benoît Dejean <benoit placenet org>:

> > I've always been around multiload_applet2. gnome-applets is a collection
> > of applets and there are already sub-maintainer. I'd like to
> > commit/work/etc on multiload but my patches are stalled on bugzilla. I
> > don't want to be the maintainer of gnome-applets but i can surely handle
> > multiload. Hey "chief" (davyd), would you promote me ?
> >
> > >   to do to gnome-love list
> >
> > I don't think gnome-love works, there are many bugs marked HELPWANTED or
> > assigned to gnome-love, i've never seen any being solved by someone
> > coming out of the blue.
>
> You're wrong.

How could he possibly be wrong?  He didn't say that gnome-love didn't
work or that no gnome-love bugs had been solved by new contributors,
he said that he *thought* gnome-love didn't work and that he hasn't
personally seen gnome-love bugs being solved by some new contributor.
;-)

Well, he said "I don't think gnome-love works" and strongly disagree
with his opinion. Maybe the sentence "You're wrong" was too strong or
harsh. Sorry for that. :-)

Anyway, all that aside, I have seen it work and I really love your
efforts to make things work even better Lucas.

Thanks!

--lucasr