[was Re: GNOME online desktop - (some of the possible) next steps]

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 12:02 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Havoc Pennington">
> >   - Jeff said he would set up with mediawiki and we'll
> >     move there. (maybe should be
> >     the end user server for creating accounts and stuff, and we should
> >     put this on or something?)
> Clarification: I raised the idea of running a service on
> (and more abstract stuff on, but suggested that wiki stuff
> happen on though I'll service your MediaWiki desires if
> absolutely necessary. I don't think we should 'fork' the wiki for much the
> same reasons we shouldn't 'fork' the choice of desktop-related discussion
> forum. Sorry. 8)

Yeah, I don't see "Moin sucks" as a reason to have a separate wiki, even
though Moin does, in fact, suck (*). We'll bite the bullet and integrate
our content into sounds like a good name for the  user service web
pages; unless I hear screaming and wailing, I'm just going to go ahead
and repoint it at the servers, and we'll start working
on a Mugshot-debranded, GNOME-branded version of the relevant parts of
the site.

> Perhaps however, if we're approaching this with All Seriousness, we might
> consider having (at least) the entry point on itself...

Keeping as a marketing page is probably the right thing
for the forseeable future; we can add login links or whatever when
things get more mature.

						- Owen

(*) To avoid being accused of drive-by calumny against Moin, my primary
complaints would be ugliness (Moin themes are better or worse, but they
are all ugly), the category system, and the use of WikiWords for page