Re: bonobo deprecation status?

Brian Cameron wrote:
Jani:

Currently at-spi depends on Bonobo and exposes some Bonobo interfaces via its
header files.  This would probably need some rework before libbonobo could
completely go away.  There has been some talk, I think, about using D-Bus
instead.  However, I don't know of any plans at the moment to rewrite this.

I know there have been talks regarding at-spi and bonobo going back a few years
(KDE was interested, and more recently OLPC). But as I get it, it's a lot of work.

I was thinking whether there are apps that use bonobo APIs that are not too hard
to convert, which could only be done with D-Bus without the need to write
additional new code as it's required for at-spi.

Vino is an example of using bonobo, and AFAIR gnome-session only links to bonobo
to start vino. There may be other modules for which the conversion is straightforward
even if not trivial. The only case I know of a conversion is gnome-vfs. If there are
other successful ones they may serve as an example for even more similar work.

thanks
Jani