Re: Desktop Session Presence Manager

I was thinking about when you might want use this. Let's say you're inside a tight loop in an applet or gdesklet and you want to check if anyone is watching before you do the last bit of graphics scaling, 3D blending, shading and anti-aliasing before updating the screen every 50 microseconds ;-) Which would be faster, asking the galaga service to ask if I'm here or check a presence gconf key (presumably set by galaga)?

Alan wrote:
Galaga does seem to have what it takes, but if it doesn't quite meet Alex's needs, I'd suggest extending Galaga rather than reinventing the wheel. I looked at Galaga a few months ago when I was considering how

Might want to rename it too before Namco get upset and send rude
letters...
Dig Doug, Pac-Person or Soul Wedge? ;-)