Re: Cairo-1.2.6 required

On 1/23/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
I brought it up on IRC with the release team a couple devel releases
ago.  With J5 in fact.  We were supposed to switch over to the cairo
snapshot due that day, but that snapshot was delayed, and seems like the
move got completely forgotten.

I here propose that GNOME 2.18 depend on cairo 1.4.  To facilitate
testing, the beta release due tomorrow should require the latest cairo
1.3 snapshot.

Cairo 1.4 is currently scheduled for the end of January.  Possibly
slipping over, but I think we can commit to releasing it before Feb 12
which is the deadline for next GNOME beta release.  Carl?  Note that no
major work is expected between the current snapshots and 1.4.  Only a
few bugs to fix.  Does that sound good enough, Elijah?

Sounds good to me, but there is (at least) one issue.  Do
pycairo-1.2.6 and cairomm-1.2.4 work with cairo-1.3.x?  I don't see
any pycairo-1.3.x or cairomm-1.3.x at either
http://cairographics.org/releases/ or
http://cairographics.org/snapshots/, so I'm worried about breaking
gtkmm and pygtk.  cairo-java and the perl equivalent may have similar
issues...  Does anyone have any more details on this?