Re: Proposed module: tracker

On 1/12/07, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk> wrote:
Im open to people's thoughts on this... (IE is 100% cpu usage at
nice+19/ionice+7 during indexing really a problem?)

Having tracker use 100% CPU while the computer is on my lap kinda
sucks. Well, actually it blows. Lots of hot air on my leg. It's dual
core so I almost always have the one core available for tracker to max
out. updatedb never seems to use more than 17% or so so it's much
easier to handle.

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com