Re: Proposed module: tracker

  Having tried tracker 0.5.3 for a couple of days what I have to say is:
    1. it uses little memory;
    2. it requires _a lot_ of CPU power.

  Basically point 2 is a killer.  No one is going to want to run this
except in servers.  Keeping the CPU busy almost 100% of the time is not
nice: consumes more power, gets my computer fan running faster and more
loudly.. I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it will be for
laptop users..

  Maybe this kind of indexing technology, be it tracker or beagle, is
simply not something that we want to shove into users' desktops.  Either
this gets much much better optimised in the future, or we have to wait
for more powerful hardware.  In any case, I'm -1 for including tracker
in GNOME 2.18; let's wait and see how this evolves at GNOME 2.20 time.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.