Re: Proposed module: seahorse

Le mardi 09 janvier 2007, à 08:06, Adam Schreiber a écrit :
> On 1/9/07, John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
> > <confused questions>
> > I read the FAQ and I dont know how seahorse relates to
> > gnome-keyring-manager?. One is keys and the other is keyrings.
>
> It's true that it's not that clear what the difference is.  In
> general, seahorse wraps multiple low level libraries/programs that
> relate to encryption and authentication: gpg, ssh, gnome-keyring.
> gnome-keyring-manager only wraps gnome-keyring.
>
> > Are two
> > applications needed considering keys, encryption, keyrings and the
> > whole idea of it is confusing?
> > </confused question>
>
> Eventually not.  In fact in response to a feature request to add a way
> to change the "master password" of a gnome-keyring we've started to
> wrap more of the functionality exposed [1].  If implementing all the
> functionality of gnome-keyring is completed, gnome-keyring-manager
> would be redundant.

I love seahorse and I want it in. I liked how the maintainers quickly
replied to our questions, and implemented additional features.

As to the seahorse/gnome-keyring-manager question: it might really be
confusing to have both of them in the long term. Is removing
gnome-keyring-manager a goal we can set for 2.20?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.