Re: eject buttons on the places menu

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 01:53 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 05 janvier 2007 à 17:06 +0000, Calum Benson a écrit :
> > Regular context menus, for selected icons and suchlike, are still
> > best considered an expert feature; you'd be surprised how many
> > Windows users have no idea they exist.
> >
> > Context menus for actual menu items, as we have on the Applications
> > menu, are just bizarre and horrid, IMHO :)  With a little bit of
> > tweaking in the Add to Panel dialog, we could (and should) do away
> > with them altogether.
>
> I don't think they should be removed. For people accustomed to context
> menus, they are something you expect to find,

Why would you expect to find them?  No other menu on the desktop has
them, and even half of the menu items on this particular menu (the ones
that are sub-menus rather than launchers) don't have them-- even though
those are exactly the ones you'd want the "Entire Menu" context menu
items to be attached to.

> and for others, they don't clutter the UI.

No, but they do increase the risk of error, given that in every other
menu, right click == left click.

Cheeri,
Calum.