Re: eject buttons on the places menu
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Developers Mailing List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: eject buttons on the places menu
- Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:06:10 +0000
On 4 Jan 2007, at 21:54, David Prieto wrote:
Besides, are context menus all that undiscoverable? Windows has them
too, so most newbees should be used to them by now, I guess.
Regular context menus, for selected icons and suchlike, are still
best considered an expert feature; you'd be surprised how many
Windows users have no idea they exist.
Context menus for actual menu items, as we have on the Applications
menu, are just bizarre and horrid, IMHO :) With a little bit of
tweaking in the Add to Panel dialog, we could (and should) do away
with them altogether.
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com Java Desktop System Team
http://blogs.sun.com/calum +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev