Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu

Em Ter, 2007-01-09 �18:55 +0000, Iain * escreveu:
> > But I use:
> >      - xchat-irc, gajim, liferea and such daily
> >      - epiphany, thunderbird, devhelp, gedit, terminal, matlab, pepito,
> >        "home folder" every now.
> >      So that makes obviously more than 6, and those are more easily and
> >      quickly available from launchers in the panel. One less click.
>
> Thats 10. I've just added another load of applications to my menu, its
> now got 12.
> I can only imagine how much panel space 12 application launchers would take up.
> *shrug* I don't think its much of an arguement against it.

Btw, 12 launchers in a 24 pixels panel make it look quite crowded, and
the launchers are hard to hit (at least for me, as I often launch the
wrong application with the default panel setup). One of the things I
like about slab is that the target area to launch an application is much
bigger. Plus I can have 10 or 12 launchers without cluttering the
screen.

Cheers,
Evandro