Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu

Hi Rodney,

On 1/9/07, Rodney Dawes <dobey novell com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 17:44 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Since there was a lot of a11y work in the existing menu code, I doubt
> that g-m-m would "just work" for all of our a11y scenarios without
> bugfixes/tweaks.

Can you explain those scenarios? As I said in a previous reply, I spent
a lot of time making a11y in the main-menu work. If there are specific
scenarios that we need to check for, then we should get those formalized
into a test suite somewhere, and get the tests run on all our apps.

One scenario where it fails pretty badly is for low sighted folks (or people like me who prefer large fonts).  The slab's "Show:" pane isn't really usable at a font size greater than 16 pt on my computer.  This is due to overaggressive use of ellipsis and using two columns even when there isn't enough space.  I've filed some bugs related to this and am willing to help out.

Jon