Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu
- From: Anna M Dirks <anna novell com>
- To: David Prieto <frandavid100 gmail com>
- Cc: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com>
- Subject: Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:16:06 -0500
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 16:57 +0100, David Prieto wrote:
> > Are you proposing to integrate the functionality of deskbar into the
> > main menu applet, and thus replace deskbar as well? That's what I'm
> > getting from your comments, anyway.
> I'm not asking to replace anything, so sorry if you got that impression.
> I just want functionality similar to deskbar, Alt+F2 or that filter
> entry on the "more apps" menu. I just want to press Alt+F1, type the
> first letters of the app I want (either its name or its description) and
> voilà, have instant access to it, without having to open extra windows
> or menus.
I'd love this too. Sounds like it would speed up and streamline the
process of starting new apps. I'm all for it.
Rodney, are the results of your accessibility scripts (as run on the
Main Menu, App Brower and Control Center) publicly available somewhere?
Can you send out the link to these so that we can all see where more
accessibility attention needs to be focused/what we already have?
] [Thread Prev