Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu

hi;

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 13:59 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 13:28 +0100, David Prieto wrote:
> > > It might be useful to explain more than that.
> > > What way were you trying to use it? Why did it not fit how you wanted to use it?
> > > etc?
> >
> > I know the question was not meant for me, but I find it unusable without
> > a "recently used apps" menu, a places menu that follows nautilus'
> > bookmarks or deskbar functionality in its search bar.
> >
> > It would be ten times as useful if it would just implement those.
> >
> it already does all that, except the places part

I tested it some time ago, and the 'places' slab/tab/whatever is what I
missed the most from the current menu.

Are we in UI/feature freeze?  Would/Could this be added if
gnome-main-menu was added to the desktop?  Otherwise it would be a big
regression from the current menu applet (for me, at least).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com