Re: Update required system-tools-backends to 2.1/2.2

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 19:49 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le lundi 08 janvier 2007, à 19:28, Carlos Garnacho a écrit :
> > I've just rolled liboobs and g-s-t without the feature before the
> > freezes are in effect, anyway it could be great to add 2.1.x as the
> > recommended version, but I guess that by now the features will have to
> > wait for 2.20...
>
> Hrm.
> How long would it take to add those features? I guess you already have
> some patches ready...

Effectively, I've got patches around :), I might cook a new release if
there's time enough and I'm allowed to add this change.

> I'd hate to see us losing those features because nobody replied to a
> mail in two weeks.

Well, It wasn't two weeks :). However, maybe just sending a mail to
d-d-l  (as said in [1]) isn't motivation enough for people to test, at
least like should be new modules. I don't know what's the best solution
though, maybe a gnome-bleeding-edge.modules in jhbuild where people may
update the external modules they want? that should at least give some
(voluntary) guinea pigs.

Regards,

	Carlos

[1] http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies