Re: Update required system-tools-backends to 2.1/2.2

Le jeudi 04 janvier 2007, à 20:11, Carlos Garnacho a écrit :
> Hi!,
>
> As seen on http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointSeventeen/ExternalDependencies
> system-tools-backends minimum dependency version is 1.9.7, it would be
> great to upgrade that dependency to 2.1.2, it features the extensible
> list of supported interface configuration methods and wireless key types
> (for example, Feisty has support for local Zeroconf networks, and the
> g-s-t frontends should notice this without affecting other
> distributions)
>
> Another desirable effect is that the 2.1.x versions use a lightweight
> dispatcher, reducing hugely memory consumption during inactivity
> compared to the 1.9/2.0 versions (marvels of interpreted languages...)
>
> Obviously, the plan is to release s-t-b 2.2.0 with/before gnome 2.18.
> Opinions?

Sorry, should have replied sooner.

Are both versions compatible? Or do you need some feature that's in
2.1.x?

I guess it's okay to require the newer system-tools-backends, but if the
minimum required version is still 1.9.7, then we can change only the
recommended version...

Thanks

Vincent

--