Re: Removing the Multimedia Systems Selector from the menus

On Feb 20, 2007, Matthew East wrote:
On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 18:13 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Heya,

Now that GStreamer is tip-top at autodetection, I think we should remove
the "gstreamer-properties" from the menus, and leave the binary
installed as a debug tool.

Would this break any documentation (apart from debug documentation,
obviously...)

Yes, I think it would require updates to the GNOME User Guide (which has gstreamer-properties as one of the sections in the Preferences chapter)
and to the gstreamer-properties manual itself (which is referred to by
the former).

I just checked, and don't know where Bastien got this from (or why I was sleeping when I did this), but I think this patch already went in several months ago [1]. See also the double nodisplay=true in Bastien's patch [2].

So let's get those docs right before it's too late. And Bastien, ould you revert your patch? :-).

Ronald

[1] http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-media/trunk/gstreamer- properties/gstreamer-properties.desktop.in.in?r1=3521&r2=3526 [2] http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-media/trunk/gstreamer- properties/gstreamer-properties.desktop.in.in?r1=3526&r2=3566