Re: special folders (was Call for a Gnome Media Center)

Hi,

Note that the new migration assistant available in Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
Herd 4 migrate 'My Music' to ~/Music, etc.

I do not like the idea of virtual folder. A nice feature in iTunes is
the nice renaming of files.

I wonder if we should implement an extended special forlder system that
automatically tag/translate/… folder given their name. This is already
done for ~ and maybe ~/Desktop. However, translation is done in
Bookmarks, not in file view. We need to share code to handle thos
special folder.

Special folder exists (see ~ and ~/Desktop), we just need to
      * Handle generically translation on view (keeping the real name in
        capitalized english)
      * Handle an extensible list of special desktop (Projects, Sites,
        Sources, …)
      * Target special desktop by mime-type.