Re: slab menu

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:34 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > it says 'Recent' because it just lists the apps you just used.
>
> Right.  But I think that is less useful than showing the apps that I
> use most frequently.  This would save me a trip to the app browser
> more often than the current approach, right?  For example, just
> because I used "Take screenshot" last doesn't mean that I'm most
> likely to use it next.  Or just because I played 6 games doesn't mean
> that Web Browser should be bumped off the list.

Agreed.   When Emmanuele was rewriting the recent files code I
specifically ask him to add a count field, so that the at-the-time
conceptual "frequently used applications" applet would be useful (rather
than being a recently used application applet, which as you say is worse
than a static list).

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./