Re: slab menu

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 13:02 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:

> How is it slow to get to things vs a traditional hierarchal menu? My
> important apps are two clicks away -> open menu -> click.  Hierarachal
> menus more clicks than that.  Don't like the default list?  Drag from
> the app browser and drop them on the menu.

Much as we'd all like it to be untrue, that's still more customisation
than many (most?) "average" users are either willing to do, or have the
knowledge to do, or (in some cases) are allowed to do by their sysadmin.

You should see the state of the Start menu on my wife's Windows laptop,
it takes up almost the whole screen, and it's not even in alphabetical
order :)  But she says she has no interest in streamlining it, and
wouldn't know how to anyway.

Cheeri,
Calum.