Re: Replacement for GNet
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Dan Winship <danw gnome org>
- Cc: Piotr Gaczkowski <doomhammerng gmail com>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Replacement for GNet
- Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:59:40 +0100
On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 11:11 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:
> Piotr Gaczkowski wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I am interested if somebody is currently working on a GNet-like
> > library based on GObject?
> The gvfs ftp backend is going to need sockets/tcp/dns/etc support, but
> gio doesn't currently provide anything there and I'm not sure what the
> plan is for that...
Gicmo started working on some APIs for this (GAddress with GInetAddress
and some other subclasses, including name resolving, GSocket and socket
I'm not sure about the current status of this, as he's been a bit busy.
] [Thread Prev