Re: Proposed module: empathy

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 04:52 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Homepage: http://live.gnome.org/Empathy
> svn/git/bzr/...: http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/empathy/
> Proposal on d-d-l: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00301.html
<snip>
> Summary so far:
> ===============
>  + a few -1 from people thinking it's useless duplication of
>    pidgin/ekiga/etc. work or not wanting to use telepathy
>  + some +1 from people thinking it's going the right way
>  + questions about stability
>  + questions about feature set that might not be complete yet
>  + API documentation needed to be written (I don't know the
>    current status)
>  + no API stability guarantee yet
>  + current license of the libraries is GPL
>    [context: if the libraries are proposed for the platform later, they
>    will need to be LGPL]

As only the client (which still needs some work, but is getting better
all the time) is being proposed for the GNOME desktop, +1.

The API and specs still need some love, and I hope the "New message"
dialogue in Empathy will be implemented soon (or maybe I missed it since
my last stint using it for testing the gnome-phone-manager telepathy
plugin).

Cheers