Re: Proposed module: empathy

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 04:52 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Homepage: http://live.gnome.org/Empathy
> svn/git/bzr/...: http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/empathy/
> Proposal on d-d-l: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00301.html
>
> Short description:
> ==================
> Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets,
> and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia's
> Mission Control, and reuses Gossip's UI. The main goal is to permit
> desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk
> libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be
> embeded into any GNOME application.

<disclaimer>
This is an analysis of the documentation, made on behalf of the
Gnome Documentation Team.  It does not necessarily reflect my
personal opinion of the module or its suitability for inclusion
in Gnome.  In many cases, I have not made extension use of the
applications or libraries provided.  Further insufficiencies in
the documentation may become more apparent with more use.
</disclaimer>

Empathy provides an application and two panel applets.  There
doesn't appear to be any user documentation for these, and the
Empathy developers did not contact the Gnome Documentation Team
about writing any documentation during this release cycle.

(Reminder: proposing an undocumented module is not a problem.
Hackers are often not good writers, and we don't expect that
people bring fully documented programs to our doorstep.  But
if you need documentation help, you need to contact us early.)

Empathy also provides two libraries.  There does appear to be
gtk-doc documentation for these libraries.  These documents are
on library.gnome.org.  A quick glance indicates that these are
only stubs, and that no useful documentation has been written.

--
Shaun