Re: Proposed module: anjuta

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 04:52 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Homepage: http://anjuta.sourceforge.net/
> svn/git/bzr/...: http://svn.gnome.org/svn/anjuta/trunk/
>                  http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gdl/trunk/
>                  http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gnome-build/trunk/
> Proposal on d-d-l: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-September/msg00252.html
>
> Short description:
> ==================
> Anjuta is an integrated development environment for GNOME. It's purpose
> is to make developing applications for Gtk+/GNOME easier. It integrates
> other GNOME technologies such as devhelp, glade and gtksourceview.

<disclaimer>
This is an analysis of the documentation, made on behalf of the
Gnome Documentation Team.  It does not necessarily reflect my
personal opinion of the module or its suitability for inclusion
in Gnome.  In many cases, I have not made extension use of the
applications or libraries provided.  Further insufficiencies in
the documentation may become more apparent with more use.
</disclaimer>

Anjuta's Manual seems reasonably complete and well-organized.
An application as large and feature-rich as Anjuta can likely
always use more documentation.  In particular, tutorials for
common tasks could be added.  Nonetheless, the documentation
is of a higher quality than much of the documentation in our
other modules.

I've noticed some cosmetic problems, such as incorrect markup
for key sequences, and some non-standard themes in screenshots.
If only all our documentation were this easy to fix.

Anjuta also comes with libanjuta for developing Anjuta plugins.
This library is fully gtk-doc-ified.  At a cursory glance, it
appears reasonably complete.

--
Shaun