Re: [External Deps] Updated recommended popper version to 0.6.3

Le jeudi 20 décembre 2007, à 12:37 +0100, Luca Ferretti a écrit :

> PS should we add poppler-data to jhbuild build and in ext deps list?
> >From poppler-data README:
>
>         This package consists of encoding files for use with poppler.
>         The encoding files are optional and poppler will automatically
>         read them
>         if they are present.  When installed, the encoding files enables
>         poppler to correctly render CJK and Cyrrilic properly.  While
>         poppler is licensed under the GPL, these encoding files are
>         copyright Adobe and licensed much more strictly, and thus
>         distributed separately.

I think it's nice to use poppler-data, but it's not required as an
external dependency to have evince working. Let's say it's a bit like
some of the gstreamer plugins that we don't ship in the desktop, but
that people are still using.

But I see no harm in adding it to the jhbuild build.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.