Re: GNOME 2.22 module inclusion discussions heat up.

Le jeudi 20 décembre 2007, à 11:33 +0100, Luca Ferretti a écrit :

> Il giorno mer, 19/12/2007 alle 16.04 +0100, Andre Klapper ha scritto:
> >
> > according to the subpages of [1], the following stuff has been proposed:
> > Desktop:
> > 	empathy, cheese, Gimmie, mousetweaks, Vinagre, swfdec-gnome
>
> What about "gvfs"? It's needed by nautilus (by now the only GIO-enabled
> application) if you want to browse something different from your local
> file system. I'm sure Alex proposed it...

I now remember him proposing it, but it seems he didn't update the wiki
page. That's bad :-) Anyway, he sent a mail to fix this.

> Also note that gdm trunk now requires the "gnome-settings-daemon"
> package, recently added to svn. Note also that gnome-control-center yet
> provides a gnome-settings-daemon program, but I don't know if and how
> those are related.

It was my understanding that both gnome-control-center and gdm would use
the same g-s-d. Any control center people having more information about
this?

> > ExternalDependencies:
> > 	PolicyKit & PolicyKit-gnome, ndesk-dbus & ndesk-dbus-glib
>
> Well, to build proposed modules (at least in jhbuild, I didn't check if
> those are hard or soft dependences) you need also:

The above proposed external deps were new deps for current apps, and the
ones you mention are deps for new apps (so are dealt with the new apps).

>       * guile		(autogen)[1]
>       * autogen		(anjuta)[2]
>       * gtkhtml2	(anjuta)

Oops. I didn't mention them in the anjuta mail.

[...]

> Plus, recently in jhbuild some external modules was updated to latest
> available version (cairo, fontconfig, gnutls, opencdk), but the page on
> wiki still links the old one.

Whoever updated the moduleset should have updated the wiki too. Will
look into that later...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.