DnD over remote sessions

Hello!

I'm quite unsure if this is the right list to write to, but I'll try
nonetheless.

Today while doing some stuff in Nautilus over SSH I stumbled once again
upon a problem that I can't just drag'n'drop anything from a local
Nautilus session into the remote one. Moreover I cannot even simply
copy/paste objects between them.

Of course there is a workaround. In a local Nautilus I have to open an
sftp connection to the remote host and copy it there. But I think it's
not the best way.

Is there a way to enable drag'n'drop or copy/paste functionality between
local and remote clients or even between two remote clients? This could
improve users' experience and help to propagate the "Network is a
computer" principle.

Piotr Gaczkowski