GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once

Sorry to send this to desktop-devel, but I recall this error coming up
at a talk at GUADEC.  Someone from the audience yelled "THAT'S BEEN
FIXED!!!":

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...

We have people pinging us on the Orca list about this, and I'm not sure
of a good answer for them, even after Google'ing for a bit.  Was there
something done somewhere (e.g., pygtk?) to help resolve this issue?

Will