Re: Generating excitement in GNOME

Hei John!

Some questions:

- How is this Sneak Peek thing different from what we have now? We can
always develop experimental things and get feedback from community as
the things move on. If they are relevant and get enough support, they
will naturally get into GNOME I guess. Of course there are exceptions.
:-P

- Is it just a visibility boost for those "cool" modules?

- What would change in practice for the maintainers of the "Sneak Peek" modules?

- Is there anything blocking them to have better integration with GNOME?

I like the general idea of bringing more (structured) visibility to
those "cool stuff" that have been flowing around[1] GNOME but I think
I didn't get the point of your idea. Also, some of those softwares
overlap in functionality so it will be hard to provide something
usable or consistent from this suite (is it proposed as a suite btw?
or something like lab projects?)

As an additional (and necessary) action, what I would like to see is
objective, practical and focused groups proposing ways/plans/roadmaps
to integrate those things in GNOME. If we don't do this, those cool
things will stay in this parallel world forever.

Cheers!

--lucasr