Re: The right mailing list list?

<quote who="Andrew Cowie">

> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 13:46 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote in another thread:
>
> > (However, this is not on-topic for this list -- I suggest you post
> > general discussion stuff like this to gnome-hackers
>
> Which gave me pause: I had long been under the impression that
> desktop-devel-list, despite it's legacy name, was *the* GNOME Hackers'
> mailing list.

desktop-devel-list is the opposite of 'legacy'. It was created to move the
desktop discussion away from gnome-hackers. It just happens that people
began to think it was for general discussion. That was never the intent.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".