Re: Information needed: Modules in official GNOME releases but not on the official release cycle

For gnome-speech:  it's mostly in maintenance mode, with drivers for new
speech engines to be added over time.  When something changes in
gnome-speech, I tend make a new release of gnome-speech to coincide with
the next point release of whatever happens to be coming out (i.e.,
either even or odd), as long as the change is within the release
constraints at the time.

I've been lazy when it comes to branching since each release tends to be
good for GNOME 2.16, GNOME 2.18, and GNOME 2.19.

The current version of gnome-speech is 0.4.11, with the '0' in there to
indicate a lack of courage to just call it 1.0.  :-)  In general (not
just for gnome-speech), I sure find it confusing to know which versions
of which modules go with which versions of GNOME.  Some sort of
suggestion to reduce the confusion would be great.

For Orca, by the way, we just bit the bullet and made the Orca versions
the same as the GNOME releases.  It might come back to bite us later,
but it's helped reduce a lot of confusion to date.

Will