Re: Do you use multiple gnome-keyring keyrings?

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 20:42 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
> Jon Nettleton wrote:
> >> But I have a few suggestions to help simplify things slightly...
> >>
> >>  A. Let's not expose the 'Login' keyring as a normal keyring. I don't
> >>     think other applications should be allowed to mess with it. We
> >>     might consider it a  implementation detail internal to
> >>     gnome-keyring-daemon. For simplicity we might call it something
> >>     like 'master passwords' in the code.
> >
> > The contents should have the ability to be displayed by whatever
> > management program is being used.  I want this only so a password that
> > hasn't been changed or entered in years isn't gone forever and the
> > contents of the keyring locked unrecoverable.
>
> Good point. I guess having a 'login' keyring makes sense then.
>
> > Other than that I completely agree.  Basically we would just check if
> > the on_login property of a keyring was set and internally have the gkd
> > add or remove it from the Login, or 'master passwords' keyring.
>
> Setting an on_login property limits this to gnome-keyring keyrings, the
> kind which currently store secrets. I'd like to make it so that the new
> cryptoki x509 key stores can avail themselves of this mechanism as well.
>
> But we can work out the exact logic at a later date...
>
> > Thanks I am glad you like my ideas.  Now I just need to get my butt in
> > gear and finish up all the half done code I have been sitting on.
>
> Well I'll help make this happen. Moving forward with other functionality
> depends on it.

Okay well I will get moving on that.  One thing that could really help
is to start a gnome-keyring mailing list.  There has been talk about one
on and off for over a year now.  It would really help concentrate talks
that happen on various other mailing lists.  I have no Gnome pull, so
maybe you can get something going.

Jon