Re: Button highlighting, middle and right buttons don't work in Xaw application on GNOME desktop

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 08:13 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 2007/4/11, Jonathan Kamens <jik kamens brookline ma us>:
> > I had assumed that the window manager was part and parcel of the GNOME
> > desktop and there was only one.  Are there in fact other window managers
> > besides metacity included in the GNOME distribution, and if so, what
> > distinguishes them from each other (other than, perhaps, that some of
> > them may not cause the problems I'm experiencing with XRN)?
>
> There is just one distributed as a part of GNOME. This however doesn't
> mean that you couldn't use some other window manager with it (it just
> might be less integrated and so on). Any decently written wm should be
> just fine with GNOME.

Well, I figured out that I can switch from metacity to windowmaker by
pulling up the Sessions dialog and removing metacity, launching wmaker,
and saving my session.  It's not ideal, but at least it worked.
However, after doing that the XRN problem persists, so it would seem
that whatever is stealing the events, it isn't metacity.  Is there some
other window manager you'd suggest other than WindowMaker?

I also tried running xrn under GNOME with no window manager running at
all, and the same problems occur.

Thanks,

  jik