Re: Button highlighting, middle and right buttons don't work in Xaw application on GNOME desktop

On 4/11/07, Jonathan Kamens <jik kamens brookline ma us> wrote:
How do I use a different window manager?

I tried killing metacity, but it just gets restarted by something
automatically.  I tried finding a control panel, preferences panel, etc.
that would allow me to control which window manager I use, and I was
unsuccessful.  I tried using gconftool-2 to
set /desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/current to /usr/bin/twm,
but this had no effect -- GNOME still starts metacity when I log in.

Can you try running for example openbox, with the --replace (or something similar) parameter,
while being logged in GNOME ? iirc, it will replace metacity with openbox.