Re: Button highlighting, middle and right buttons don't work in Xaw application on GNOME desktop

El dom, 08-04-2007 a las 17:16 -0400, Jonathan Kamens escribi�> I recently bit the bullet and switched from my old, crufty X desktop,
> which consisted of a few prepositioned xterm and emacs windows and the
> twm window manager, to GNOME 2.18.

Welcome to the new world order ;)  And thanks for XRN; I have fond
memories of it.

> I'm enjoying all of the benefits of GNOME, but one thing I'm not
> enjoying is that XRN doesn't work properly on the GNOME desktop.  In
> particular, Xaw button widgets don't seem to function properly in at
> least two ways, one aesthetic and one functional:
>
>      1. When I move my mouse over a button, the button is supposed to
>         highlight by reversing the color of a few rows of pixels inside
>         the button border.  This doesn't happen.

Does XRN do this, or is it handled automatically by Xaw?  Which events
does it need to do this (I assume just Enter/LeaveNotify)?  I can't
think of a reason why you wouldn't be getting them under GNOME+Metacity,
but who knows.

>      2. Several of my buttons have button bindings for the middle and
>         right mouse button that are different from the left button
>         binding.  These middle and right button bindings don't work.

Again, if anything were eating those events, it would be Metacity.  Does
the problem still happen if you keep using a GNOME session but with a
different window manager?

Gnome-settings-daemon changes some X resources, but I don't think they
would affect your mouse bindings.  You may want to grep around the
sources for gnome-settings-daemon (it lives in the gnome-control-center
module) to see if it's doing anything weird.

  Federico