Re: dropping bug-buddy reports for old version of gnome automatically

On 4/9/07, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
El sáb, 07-04-2007 a las 16:39 +0100, Richard Hughes escribió:

> I'm sure other maintainers must be getting as demoralised as myself when
> dealing with so many duplicates of a fixed bug.

Still, this can be an indication that your fixes are not reaching the
affected people.  Maybe you need to explicitly poke the distro(s) in
question and tell them, "this fixes a bug that 5000 of your users have
reported; can you release a new package through your update channels?".

Which won't necessarily reach them either, as that assumes the users
will all update their packages and there won't be new installations
without automatic updates before usage.  (Bug 94625 received duplicate
filings for _years_ after RedHat pushed out updates to fix the
problem.  In fact, it received another one just last month.)