Re: dropping bug-buddy reports for old version of gnome automatically

Richard Hughes wrote:

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 17:13 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
Personally I am not able anymore to handle my bugmail anymore and even
useful bugreports get lost in the noise.

Tell me about it. gnome-power-manager 2.18.0 had a bug where it would
segfault when you locked the screen if HAL was not running. 2.18.1 fixed
the bug, but that still means I get about 5-10 duplicate bugzillas a
day. The guys triaging this stuff have been great, but it's still more
and more emails for me.

We can auto reject specific stack traces [1] for this very reason. Get in touch with your local bugsquadder/bugmaster for more information.

I'm really thinking the auto-submit thing to bugzilla should have more
text like:

1. You do not have debuginfo packages installed, the trace may not be
useful to the developer.
This happens [2] if we manage to detect it..

Thanks,

Andrew

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/view/ovitters/2006/11/12/0
[2] http://blogs.gnome.org/view/ovitters/2007/01/06/0