Re: ToPaZ, anyone?

Whatever crazy ideas people come up with, you can never guarantee that
they are going to be universally better than what we currently have. As
such, with something as completely, drastically different, I see no
benefit in calling this GNOME 3.0.

Kind of nice you acknowledged it's different but different doesn't mean it cannot work. You are right that there's no guarantee but interface testing processes can be done before any code is written.
But first, there needs to be consensus on what Topaz is going to be which may require involving stake holders like

 - developers and Interface designers within GNOME
 - developers Interface designers from other projects (gimp, inkscape, kde, etc)
 - and possibly users.

--

Happy day

Brian