Re: ToPaZ, anyone?

I think this question hits at the very heart of the issue with designing
a whole new concept of "desktop." Not only do we have the whole mouse
vs. keyboard issue, but as software, we are limited by what hardware our
users have access to. We can design a system that takes advantage of pen
computing, touch screens, holographic displays, and any other number of
new input and display devices, but if we implement it, and let the
classic "desktop" fall out of mind, we end up losing a large amount of
our user base, when they don't all have the new hardware, when we
release the new desktop. And I think for the current set of readily
available and inexpensive hardware that people use and have access to,
the current classic desktop metaphor is what works best.

[clip]

There is no suggestion of hardware that isn't every where in the mockup.
I don't think some thing like this would eat resources (cpu/memory) because it has been done before in some form (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDoc) with much less resources.

--

Happy day

Brian